PRICING AND COSTS
1. Group training [AM or PM] is R1,450.00 per session excluding the electronics and robotics kits that may be required.
2. Group training sessions are two-and-a-half hours in duration, for example a morning [AM] training session would start at 09h00
and end at 12h00 with a 30 minute break from 10h30.
3. The group training charge above can be divided across a group, which results in a lower cost per person with bigger groups,
however bear in mind that although the cost per person may be lower progress with larger groups will be slower because the
teacher-to-participant ratio is higher so while it may be tempting to create larger groups to lower the cost it can also be counterproductive.
4. Groups are currently limited to a maximum of 10 trainees is that is the maximum number of trainees that our current facility can accommodate.
5. You may want us to present training in your facility, which we would be delighted to do, and your facility may be able to accommodate larger numbers of participants but bear in mind there will be additional charges as we will have to hire more facilitators for groups larger than 10.
6. Cost of the Starter Robot Parts Kit is R3,450.00 cost of the Starter Tools Kit is R1,890.00 and the various Extension Kits range between R840.00 and R5,875.00 per kit.
To ensure safety and the quality of the learning experience the following rules apply:
1. To prevent bullying and maintain control and safety we train in age categories.
2. Rule number two is that we never break rule number one.
3. Age categories are:
Grade7&8 [age 12-13]
Grade 9&10 [age 14-15]
Grade 11&12 [age 16-18]
College and University Undergraduates [age 19-21]
Adult Education [age 21 +].
4. Parents are often tempted to ignore the rules and "drop" little brothers/sisters into training
with older sisters/brothers but we will not permit this and siblings who do not meet the age requirements of a training session will be returned to the care of their parents before the session will begin.
5. RobotScience is NOT a babysitting service so parents and care-givers may not "drop off" their charges at our facility. Parents and responsible persons will remain in attendance at the facility in order to be accessible in the event of a medical emergency, etc. If one of the child's parents are not in attendance, that child will only be permitted to participate if an adult care-giver who has been given decision-making authority by one or both parents is in attendance.
6. Rule #5 applies to all minors under the age of 18 but obviously does not apply in the case of those who have attained legal majority status which in South Africa is age 18+.